Drill: Set up two cones ten yards apart. Start at the first cone and accelerate towards the second. Once you reach the end cone, break down into what is called an “athletic base” position. This means...
- Keep a low center of gravity (avoid standing up tall, or leaning back)
- Opposite arm with opposite knee (running position arms)
- Shoulder is over knee, and knee is over ankle
- Use soft foot contact to ground (light feet, no stomping)
- Come to a complete stop and hold the position
- Do not jump into base position, make sure you’re using small steps
***If you have any questions on workouts or drills, please leave a comment below and we will always respond!